- Sony Pictures picks up Assassin’s Creed film rights. Ubisoft Motion Pictures is developing the story into a 3D feature film.
- Giveaway: Tor is giving away 10 copies of Tony Gonzales’ Templar One (EVE, #2) on Goodreads. The final deadline is November 3, 2011.
- Fox and Sony are working on a Zombieland series for TV, which will be a sequel to the 2009 film by the same name.
- Dark Horse Comics has announced a new 5-issue series to be released next May: Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison.
- Are you a Christopher Paolini fan? Here’s a YouTube discussion between Paolini and Gerard Doyle, the narrator of the Inheritance audiobook.
- Here’s an interesting article: 10 Words You Might Think Came from Science (But Are Really From Science Fiction). I found some surprising ones on this list.
- And in the latest geek news: Branson opens the world’s first commercial spaceport.
- Giveaway on Goodreads: C.S. Lakin’s The Land of Darkness (The Gates of Heaven #3). Deadline is November 2, 2011.
- Giveaway on Goodreads: Alterant (Belador #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love. Hurry — the deadline is October 27, 2011.
- Another giveaway on Goodreads: Dante’s Journey by J.C. Marino. This giveaway includes an 11 x 14 print of the book cover on canvas with an oil painting texture. Deadline is December 15, 2011.
- Who doesn’t love Top 10 Lists? Maybe you’ll find something new in this post on http://bestbooklists.blogspot.com: Top 10 Science Fiction and Fantasy Books of 2011 So Far.
- Giveaway on http://www.rantingdragon.com: Empire in Black and Gold by Adrian Tchaikovsky. Hurry! The deadline is October 23, 2011.
Did I miss any good links or giveaways? If I did, please let me know in the comments section below. That’s for now. Have a great weekend!
Disclosure of Material Connection: At times, some of the links in my posts are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”