It’s Friday! Time to post the links that I liked the most this week. Enjoy!
- Brandon Sanderson uploaded all of the illustrations used in The Way of Kings. Ebook users rejoice!
- More Brandon Sanderson. Tor is giving away a copy of the new Mistborn Adventure Game, one ARC of The Alloy of Law, and one copy of the audio edition of The Way of Kings. Contest deadline September 6.
- Because I love great SFF artwork. Here are the 2011 Chesley Award winners.
- Giveaway: Ganymede by Cherie Priest. Link: Contest deadline September 9.
- Need something new to read? I thought about making a list of new books coming out this month, but http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.com has done a much better job than I would have. Here’s the link to 42 new SFF books coming out in September.
- Giveaway: Fire Upon the Deep, by Vernor Vinge. Link: Contest deadline September 6.
- Giveaway: A signed set of Night Shade Books‘ Miserere: An Autumn Tale, Of Blood & Honey, The Whitefire Crossing, and The Winds of Khalakovo. Deadline September 30.
- Top 20 steampunk books according to The Ranting Dragon.
- A great short story by Greg Mitchell over at Avenir Eclectia: Contact.
- To celebrate Harry Connolly’s new book (Circle of Enemies), book 1 in the series, Child of Fire, is now only 99 cents on Amazon and B&N. Here’s an interview with Connolly and here’s a link to his website where you can read a sample of the book.
- Giveaway: The steampunk novel Dead Iron by Devon Monk. I can’t find a deadline, so you might want to hurry. Here’s the link.
- Just for fun: Do-It-Yourself TARDIS lollipops.
- Giveaway: The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson. Ten copies available, giveaway dates: August 29-October 7.
I think that should do it for now. Have a good weekend everyone!
I love to hear from you. Did you have a favorite link this week I missed? Please feel free to share. On September 30, I will have a drawing for a $5 Starbucks card. For every blog post you comment on, you will receive one entry. Leave a comment and join the fun! If you don’t want to miss a post, make sure to subscribe to my RSS or email feeds here.
Disclosure of Material Connection: At times, some of the links in my posts are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”